THIS RECIPE COMES WITH A WARNING
These are delicious and you may not be able to stop at one.
– – – – – – – –
The other day I made some salty balls.
|Salty Balls. Yes. I made Salty Balls. Say it with me. Salty Balls.|
Actually, what I wanted to make was Macadamia Brittle.
What I ended up with was a tray of salted caramel that didn’t go hard. I couldn’t put it to waste so I decided to blitz it and see what happened.
Oh happy joy. Joy! We ended up with salted caramel macadamia balls which are DIVINE.
|My Fructose Free Salted Caramel Macadamia Balls|
Fructose Free Salted Caramel Macadamia Balls
- Half cup Rice Malt Syrup (from Coles or the Health food shop)
- Half cup butter
- 2 teaspoons of sea salt
- 1 – 1 1/2 cups of raw macadamia nuts
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut (optional)
- Put all ingredients in a small saucepan on the stove top.
- Stir until the butter melts.
- What you want now is for the mixture to start to bubble and foam. Let it foam up/boil for about 10 seconds, be careful that it doesn’t spill over.
- Take if off the heat and pour into a baking paper lined brownie pan and chill overnight.
- Scrape the mixture into a food processor. Blitz it slightly so you still have a few crunchy pieces of macadamia left. Don’t over process it. Roll into balls and coat them in desiccated coconut and pop them back in the fridge.
- Show off and serve them to all your mates.
This is the part where you thank me.